To sustain and enhance the science culture of the youth in British Columbia.
To build British Columbia’s future by supporting science and technology education and by inspiring curiosity through the Science Fair program.
The goals of our organization are:
- To fundraise, organize, advertise, support and stage Regional, Canada-Wide and International Science Fairs in BC, which are organized by qualified donees as defined under the Income Tax Act;
- To promote Science Fair activity within BC;
- To help and provide assistance for BC students to participate in Science Fairs held in the province and elsewhere;
- To act as the host organization for future Canada-Wide Science Fairs to be held in BC; and
- To improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of qualified donees who are responsible for the organization and operation of Regional, Canada-Wide and International Science Fair activities in BC.
These goals are achieved in part by fund-raising for The Dr. Michael Smith Science Fair Endowment set up to provide a long-term funding source for Science Fair Programs throughout the province.
The Microsemi Science Fair Fun Run is the primary fundraising vehicle for The Dr. Michael Smith Science Fair Endowment. This hugely successful event provided almost $40,000 in 2016 and continues to grow.